Like changing the engine oil so your car runs better, nothing could be more important for your health then clearing it of toxins. Our body works non-stop to keep sensitive organs safe from the harmful effects of toxins. But we can all agree that our modern world is a toxic world, filled with pollution, pesticides, chemical compounds and food additives; all contributing to an epidemic of disease and obesity.
Why a Body that Holds Toxins Also Holds on to Fat
Detoxification is any process that removes injurious substances from your body. These substances can be biological such as bacteria, viruses, mold, yeast and parasites… or harmful industrial chemicals like heavy metals, compounds from agriculture, food processing, cosmetics, cleaners and paints. Processed foods alone contain more than 3,000 chemicals that are not natural!
These substances or toxins are continuously being flushed from our body through breath, sweat, urine and feces. Our main detox organs are lungs, intestines, liver, kidneys, lymphatic system and skin.
BUT, if we can’t detoxify fast enough, our fat cells will enlarge so the body can store the excess toxins and keep them safely away from sensitive tissue. When the toxins are more concentrated, our fat cells will also increase in size to keep them diluted.
Here is action you can take to support your body in detoxifying:
- Detox Cleanse Kits.
- Eating Organic – pesticide-free produce, and less processed food. Including “super” greens such as Chlorella and Cilantro helps the natural chelation process, or bonding of chemicals, for elimination.
- Water – Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day to support your kidney’s removal of water soluble toxins. Your urine should be “almost clear” throughout your day.
- Fiber – Eat fiber rich foods to aid your intestines in moving toxins out of the body. Constipation leads to toxin re-absorption.
- Sweat – Utilize intense exercise, saunas and steams to aid the release of stored toxins.
- Bodywork and Yoga – support the drainage of toxins through the lymphatic system (which clears the body of cellular waste).
Not only will supporting your body’s detox functions protect your sensitive organs and tissue, and avoid the enlargement of fat cells and storage of chemical encased fatty acids, but you will feel clean and lighter!