So, you’re wondering what a typical day or week at a fitness retreat or boot camp looks like? The following is a basic outline of what to expect. We stick to a plan, but every day is a fresh hiking location, lecture, meal and activity. While you will have time to be alone, most of your day is filled with fun fitness activities, delicious food, clean mountain air and vistas.
- 6:00 Morning Comes Early! Awaken with a gentle, but firm wake-up tap on the door.
- 6:15 Nourish the Body with a herbal tonic and protein shake in the dining room.
- 6:30 Greet the day with yoga; a gentle stretch class while you watch the sunrise over the mountains.
- 7:30 Breakfast in our scenic dining room, overlooking stunning Kootenay Lake.
- 8:00 Review the upcoming day with the guides, including the hike, level of difficulty, terrain, and clothing to bring.
- 8:30 Depart for the trailhead in 4-wheel drive vehicles.
Each 4 hour hike is unique and we’ve picked the very best the area has to offer! Guests are divided into three groups and accompanied by experienced guides, trained in first aid and who are always in radio and telephone contact in case of emergency. Lunch is eaten each day at a convenient spot along the trail; a scenic location such as a waterfall, an alpine lake or meadow, a historic cabin, or a glacier fed river.
- 3:30 Return to the lodge.
- 4:00 Enjoy cutting edge seminars on fitness, nutrition, stress, sleep and detoxification.
- 5:00 Eat a light dinner in the lodge.
- 6:00 Participate in an evening activity class (circuit training, strength training and fitness).
- 7:00-10:00 Relax with a massage and detox treatment in the spa.
Fall into bed for one of the most deep and restful sleeps you’ve had. We guarantee it!
To reserve your stay at Mountain Trek CLICK HERE.