You are invited to Moutain Trek’s first ever Autumn Adventure Trek in stunning Japan. Congratulations, this is an exculisve offer to you, our loyal alumni. Join Kirkland on one of the world’s most ancient pilgrimages. You will be hiking Japan’s most remote and rewarding journeys, the Kumano Kodō. This trek weaves through the mountainous Kii Peninsula, south of Osaka. In ancient times this was a sacred pilgrimage reserved for emperors and samurai. You will be immersed into both the modern day streets of Osaka and into the traditional and remote villages of the Kumano region.
Trek One: November 10 – 17, 2018
Trek Two: November 17 – 24, 2018
- 7 day all-inclusive luxury hiking vacation (does not include airfare)
- Hike the 1,000-year-old Kumano Kodō – one of only two pilgrimages in the world registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Rest easy in exclusively selected 4 & 5-star accommodation with traditional Japanese inspired decore
- Enjoy the unique Autumn colors of the Japanese mountainsides
- Tour historic temples and the notoriously famous Nachi Grand Shrine, widely recognized for its iconic pagoda and waterfall
- Savour delicious traditional Japanese and Buddhist cuisine
- Nourish your body at the end of a long hike in a traditional Japanese Onsen mineral spring bath
- Due to the elevation gains and losses and length of hikes this vacation is appropriate for a Mountain Trek fitness level 1,2 or 3. Please contact Kirkland if you have any questions about your ability to participate
Click HERE to read the Daily Itinerary.