These crunchy munchy crackers contain a lot of protein. We love to serve our Seedy Trail Crackers with any of our dips, or they would be great paired with a soup. Keep them fresh in an airtight container and then toast a little before serving to bring up the crunch and toasty, nutty flavor. Makes about 10 crackers
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the seeds in a bowl and add the water, garlic, and salt.
- Stir and then let sit for a few minutes while the water is absorbed.
- Apply the mixture to the parchment with a spatula to a depth of just under ¼ inch forming a square or rectangle.
- Lightly score the mixture with a knife into cracker-sized pieces and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from oven and deepen the score to separate the crackers.
- Carefully flip over and bake for another 20 – 25 minutes until they are just looking golden on the edges.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.