Built to honor Jorge Francisco Arango, this trail is just 15 minutes from the hotel, this hike is surrounded by beautiful forest and a small lake.
- 5.4 Miles
- 2.5 Hours
- 570′ Elevation Gain
- Trailhead: 35.085774, -82.479160
- 15 min drive from Domestique
5. John’s Rock Trail
Stunning views from John’s Rock set this hike apart, but the educational experience is what makes it a top pick. The trail starts at the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education, affording you the opportunity to educate yourself after bagging John’s Peak. This center offers exhibits, workshops and programs about wildlife and conservation in North Carolina and an adjacent fish hatchery provides you another experience all together—feeding fish!
- 4.9 Miles
- 3.5 Hours
- 1,080′ Elevation Gain
- Trailhead: 35.284164, -82.790839
- 50 min drive from Domestique
6. Bridal Veil Trail in Dupont State Forest
This trail lets you immerse yourself in the film set of The Last of The Mohicans and Hunger Games, showcasing beautiful multi-tiered waterfalls and small lakes.
- 4.7 Miles
- 3.5 Hours
- 370′ Elevation Gain
- Trailhead: 35.191692, -82.622369
- 50 min drive from Domestique
Asheville’s stock is rising fast these days, and for good reason. Its rich arts scene, beautiful architecture, impressive food scene, and spectacular access to the outdoors seem to offer a one-way street, pulling in visitors and converting them to residence hand over fist. There’s a lot to explore, but here are a few items we think are worth your time:
- The Biltmore estate — Mr. Vanderbilt, you’ve outdone yourself. Artwork by masters like Renoir? check. Gardens that look like Renoir painted them? check.The largest footprint of any home in the US? check. The most idyllic wedding venue on earth? checkmate. A must see for anyone with any semblance of artistic notion, admiration for history, or a pulse.
- Downtown Art District and River Arts District — Two art districts that will satiate even the most refined palate. Works from hundreds of artists can be admired at one time, letting your imagination run wild.
- Blue Ridge Parkway — Drive one of the most iconic roads east of the Mississippi. Wind your way through the Blue Ridge Mountains over 176 bridges, through 26 tunnels, past 91 historic buildings, to 382 scenic overlooks. And with hundreds of hikes available directly from the Blue Ridge Parkway, you can extend our list even more!
Take Asheville, subtract one giant estate, add one waterfall in the middle of town, and move it 63.2 miles south and you get Greenville. The two cities have a lot in common; the art, the food, the love of the outdoors, the rich culture. Greenville dials up the southern charm, however, and offers more bbq, making is another wonderful place to explore when you’re hiking around the Blue Ridge Mountains area. Here are a few items we think are worth your time:
- Falls Park on the Reedy — Think of this park a s a mini Central Park or Golden Gate Park—a pastoral respite at the center of the city. Falls Park is constantly named a “Top U.S. Park” by TripAdvisor and draws every walk of life. Go for the nice stroll, stay for the people watching.
- Walking Tour of Public Art — With 95+ pieces of public art, you can really tack on the miles, and see everything from whimsical to abstract. Greenville’s art scene is the pulse of South Carolina, and these public pieces of are the proof in the pudding, or should we say grits?
- BMW Performance Driving School — Trade in the Blue Ridge Parkway for a racetrack as you not only learn from professional drivers but get behind the wheel for pulse-pounding exercises like wet skid-pad drifting, accelerating and high-speed lane changing.
Every November and February, Mountain Trek brings its award-winning program to The Blue Ridge Mountain Range. We’ve carefully selected the Appalachian Mountains as a destination for you to find balanced health and reclaim functional fitness. The deep blue mountain tops, lush forests and paintable valleys are both energizing and grounding—the ideal landscape for your physical transformation. And with the lodge being just 35 minutes from the local airport, which has direct flights from 18 cities, this escape is as convenient as ever.