Whether you’re participating in the Mountain Trek program at our beautiful lodge in British Columbia (pictured below), flights are easy to come by and the airport shuttle to and from both locations is included in the price of your experience. If you’re planning to join us at the British Columbia lodge, you can fly into the international airport located in the city of Spokane in Northern Washington State, or into the smaller airport of Castlegar, British Columbia. Read below for more details about airline travel or, if you’re planning to drive to our British Columbia lodge, view our driving instructions page.
Mountain Trek Lodge, British Columbia
Located in the village of Ainsworth Hot Springs at 3800 North St., which is a beautiful forty-five minute drive up the lake from world-famous Nelson, British Columbia, Mountain Trek’s beautiful lodge is easily accessible and yet when you arrive you can’t help but feel like you’re in the middle of paradise. Surrounded by conifer trees, with a sprawling lawn, landscaped outdoor spa area and outdoor fire circle, the lodge offers views of the Selkirk Mountain Range (a sub-range of the Rocky Mountains) as well as the expansive Kootenay Lake, one of the largest in the province.
Airline, Airport and Shuttle Instructions from Spokane Airport, WA, USA
Spokane, WA Airport (GEG) – Please note: A passport is required to cross the border. Flights are available here through the following airlines: Alaska, American, Delta, Southwest and United. If flying in on the Saturday start of your program, please arrange to land at the airport no later than 1:00pm in order to allow our shuttle to depart for the lodge at 1:30pm. Your return flight from Spokane should be no earlier than 1:00pm.
- A driver from Queen City Transport will meet you on the sidewalk outside the baggage claim area for terminals A & B (as indicated on the map below) at 1:15pm PST. If you are coming in on another airline, please make your way to the other end of the airport (it’s not a big airport). The driver of the shuttle has your name and will be waiting curb-side.
- In the event you have a travel delay, please call the Mountain Trek office at 1-800-661-5161 or 1-250-229-5636 or email the shuttle company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The drive will take approximately 4.5 hours with the border crossing. We suggest all guests pick up a healthy snack and water prior to leaving the airport.
Airline, Airport & Shuttle Instructions from Castlegar Airport, BC, Canada
Castlegar, BC Airport (YCG) – Flights are available here throughout the day on Air Canada via Vancouver or Calgary. Please arrange to land no later than 3:00pm. A complimentary shuttle will take you the 85 km (52 miles) to our lodge via the beautiful town of Nelson, which you can explore if you have the time. Your return flight can be booked for any time of the day, as the shuttle will match the flight times.
- Upon arrival at the small Castlegar airport, please look for the Queen City Shuttle parked directly out front and inform the driver (who will have your name) that you have arrived. Then you can collect your bags and/or use the washroom before the journey.
- You will be taken to the Best Western Hotel on Baker Street in Nelson (a half-way point) and, depending on what time you’ve arrived, you’ll then have a chance to explore the beautiful town of Nelson. You can store your bags with the Front Desk and then walk down Baker Street, which is the main shopping district and has a good selection of stores, art and craft galleries, tea shops, etc. Also, Nelson’s Touchstone Museum is 1 block off of Baker on Vernon Street.
- Note: if you’re arriving on the late afternoon flight, you will not have to wait in Nelson but will immediately transfer at the Best Western Hotel for the shuttle service to our lodge.
- At 5:00pm you will again be picked up by The Queen City Shuttle at the Best Western Hotel for the drive to the lodge. (Timing could vary depending on traffic delays.) Please be outside the Best Western Hotel at 5:00pm for the Queen City shuttle transport to our Lodge.