This healthy Mulligatawny Curried Coconut Chicken soup is a lunch favorite at Mountain Trek for its rich and delicious flavors and beautiful color. It includes a good variety of vegetables and other ingredients, offering you a wide range of nutrients. The coconut milk adds thickness and healthy fat, while the spicy of the jalapeno and sweet of the apple dance in harmony on your tongue.
Vegetarian Option: Omit the chicken and add chickpeas for protein and texture.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 organic free-range chicken breasts, 4 or 5 ounces each.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups yam, diced
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrot, chopped
- 1 ½ cups onion, chopped
- ¾ cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- ½ large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 ¼ tablespoons curry powder, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup tart apple, finely chopped
- pinch pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Cube the chicken breasts and sauté until just cooked through.
- Sauté vegetables to soften, stir in curry powder and ginger and cook for a minute or two.
- Add stock, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add the chicken cubes to soup along with coconut milk and apple.
- Season to taste and enjoy!
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you eat healthfuly, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: