https://www.mountaintrek.com/wp-content/uploads/Captain-Ainsworth’s-Classic-Fall-Soup.jpeg 900 1200 admin https://www.mountaintrek.com/wp-content/uploads/MTR-white-with-border-340px.png admin2018-09-07 06:39:122018-09-07 05:46:03Captain Ainsworth’s Classic Fall Soup
Captain Ainsworth’s Classic Fall Soup
This soup is named for the founder of our rural area, Ainsworth Hot Springs. We imagine a hot pot of earthy soup like this would have fed the miners toiling away on the nearby mountains a century ago. We’ve innovated with a little coconut milk to build a creamy base and added protein. Our Captain Ainsworth’s Classic Fall Soup serves 4.
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 4 oz chicken breasts
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cup finely chopped Swiss chard
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- pinch of salt
- 4 cup veggie or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup yam, diced
- Cube the chicken breasts, lightly sauté or bake, and set aside.
- Saute the onions, garlic, celery, and jalapenos in a soup pot with the oil until just translucent then set aside.
- Combine the stock, allspice, squash, yam, and celery in another pot and lightly boil until cooked through and tender.
- Puree the soup stock until smooth.
- Add the onion-celery mix as well as the chard, the chicken, and the coconut milk. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.