Green Bean & Tomato Salad with Chimichurri Vinaigrette & Roast Turkey
This simple, yet elegant and healthy salad uses your leftover turkey breast perfectly. The freshness of the chimichurri combines with the sweetness of the tomatoes, the crunch of the green beans, and the savory leftover turkey to give your tastebuds a wonderful, complex experience. Tip: The chimichurri used in this recipe as a salad dressing can also be used on cooked meats, raw and cooked vegetables, and more!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 C French green beans, blanched
- 5-8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 C roasted turkey breast (leftover from Thanksgiving!)
- 2 T chimichurri Sauce
- Handful of baby spinach
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 t liquid aminos
- 1/2 C olive oil (extra virgin or regular)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. While coming to a boil:
- Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. The finer the mince, the smoother the sauce.
- Once your water is boiling, add the green beans, cooking until tender-crisp, but still bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking (blanching).
- Toss green beans, tomatoes, and turkey in 2 tablespoons of chimichurri sauce and serve atop a bed of baby spinach.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: