This recipe is the healthiest version of Thanksgiving dinner that we can offer. It’s composed of 5 parts (Herb Roasted Turkey Breast, Dark Cherry Relish, Cauliflower Mash, Brussel Sprouts & Green Beans, and Gluten-Free Stuffing), all amazingly healthy and delicious, and listed below individually, so you can prepare for your big day on your own schedule.
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1.5lb Turkey breast or tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp sage (dry)
- 2 tsp thyme (dry)
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- ½ Tbsp grainy dijon
- Mix all but turkey ingredients and spread over turkey breast to marinate for a minimum of 1hr.
- Roast at 425F, for 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reaches 165F.
Dark Cherry Relish
- 1/2 C water
- 2 C dark cherries (frozen)
- ¼ C honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until berries have popped and liquid has reduced to a nice consistency.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Place cauliflower and salt in a large pot and cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a medium simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender/soft.
- Drain very well, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender add cauliflower, salt, and olive oil, and puree until smooth. Use a plunger if using a blender to avoid adding excess liquid which will make your mash runny.
- Transfer to a baking dish and re-heat (covered) to serve.
Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans
- ½ lb cleaned and trimmed green beans
- ½ lb cleaned and trimmed brussels sprouts
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp hemp oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Blanch veggies for approximately 2 minutes, drain, toss with ¼ tsp salt and hemp oil and serve immediately (can be done up to 15 minutes ahead of time and kept hot).
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 C onion diced
- 1 C mushroom diced
- 1 C apple, cored and diced
- ¼ C parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 C almond flour
- 3 eggs whisked
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat oil in a cast-iron pan or oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add all ingredients through the pepper. Saute until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in almond flour and egg. Bake for 45 minutes and until browned on top.
*If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, grease a medium-size baking dish before sautéing ingredients (a 9×9″ works well). After eggs have been added and the mixture is well-stirred, transfer mixture to baking dish. Continue baking as directed.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: