This recipe from The Double Energy Twins, Judi and Shari Zucker, is a tasty light salad that can be eaten alone or on top of mixed greens. Add a 1/2 cup of chopped black mission figs for an added sweet twist to the tangy salad.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons diced parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional- 1/2 cup chopped dried mission figs
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and boil. Reduce heat and place quinoa in it, and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let sit in pot until cool.
- In a large bowl stir place cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper, chickpeas, olives, parsley, mint and onions.
- Stir in quinoa into bowl.
- In a small glass bowl stir or whisk lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Stir lemon dressing into quinoa mixture. Chill. Will last for a week in refrigerator.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: