Explore the exotic flavors of Morocco with this healthy, easy, full-meal dinner recipe. A simple spinach salad with Hemp Seed Tahini Dressing rounds out the ground beef and squash, providing you a low carb, high nutrient Superplate packed with flavor.
This is the second dinner in our 2-Day Healthy Eating Meal Plan, an efficient, healthy menu that will show you how simple and easy it can be to cook delicious, beautiful recipes. With the meal plan, every single ingredient in this recipe is reused in subsequent meals, minimizing your shopping list and reducing time in the kitchen.
- Cook our Curried Butternut Squash Lentil Soup recipe at the same time to optimize your time in the kitchen! The two recipes use a lot of the same ingredients and are efficient to cook together.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 small butternut squash
- olive oil
- liquid aminos
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 C vegetable stock
Hemp Seed Tahini Dressing
- olive oil
- liquid aminos
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 C water
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 5 grape tomatoes
- Heat oven to 425 F (400 on convection setting if your oven has one).
- Peel and cut 1 small butternut squash into slices from the bottom and medium dices at the top (dices can be used in our Curried Butternut Squash Lentil Soup recipe)
- Toss in 1 tsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. liquid aminos on a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Roast until tender. Serve slices atop spiced beef when serving. Store dices.
Moroccan Spiced Beef
- Sauté ½ yellow onion, ½ bell pepper, 2 stalks celery, 2 Tbsp. minced garlic, 1 Tbsp. curry powder, 1 tsp. paprika, and 2 Tbsp. tomato paste over medium heat in a large sauté pan.
- And 1 lb. ground beef and brown for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 C vegetable stock and 1 tsp. liquid aminos and turn heat to low.
- Simmer until all liquid is gone and a sauce develops.
Baby Spinach Salad with Hemp Seed Tahini Dressing
- Combine green onion whites, 1 Tbsp. tahini, 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds, juice from 1 lemon, 1 tsp. liquid aminos, and ¼ C water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add ¼ C olive oil while the blender is on low.
- Make a salad of baby spinach, grape tomato, and green onion greens and drizzle with dressing.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: