This easy-to-make, yet packed full of nutrients and protein, breakfast recipe starts with a base of plain greek or regular yogurt, followed by our cinnamon granola, and then topped with your favorite fruit or phytonutrient-rich berry. Breakfast is a vital component of your balanced health—this one will certainly fuel your energy needs for the morning. We recommend eating breakfast within 30 minutes of waking, so prep your granola the day before. Use any other type of rolled grains, seed, and nuts for variety.
Serves 4. Takes 50 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cups organic long rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup fresh berries or fruit of choice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
PREPARATION (50 minutes)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Mix oats, seeds, and nuts together in a bowl.
- Briefly warm the almond extract, vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a saucepan and pour over the nut/grain mixture. Coat well, then spread out on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes until lightly toasted. Stir every 15 minutes to toast evenly. Cool before storing in airtight container.
- To serve, layer the granola in a glass or bowl with yogurt and fresh berries or fruit.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is an award-winning health retreat immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia. Our one or two-week program—featuring daily hiking, yoga, exercise classes, time in our state-of-the-art spa, and of course, delicious, healthy cuisine—will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: