Yam Pancake with Poached Egg, Avocado, & Salsa
Breakfast is the most contested meal of our day. It’s easily the hardest to do healthfully, as we’re always running to work and have no time to sit down. However, it’s also the most important meal of the day and can make or break your energy levels. Eating breakfast has been proven to boost anabolic hormones by 15%, making it a win-win. Not only do you start your day properly fueled, you burn more calories throughout the day!
This Yam Pancake with Poached Egg, Avocado, & Salsa recipe is the perfect way to start your day. It’s simple, packed full of flavor and nutrients, and I guarantee it breaks the mold of your typical breakfast. It’s also the first breakfast in our 2-Day Healthy Eating Meal Plan, an efficient, healthy menu that will show you how simple and easy it can be to cook delicious, beautiful recipes. With the meal plan, every single ingredient in this recipe is reused in subsequent meals, minimizing your shopping list and reducing time in the kitchen.
- Cook your yam in a dinner recipe the night before, like our Roasted Turkey Breast with Chimichurri, Roasted Yams, and Green Beans Amandine. Save a serving of yams for the morning to make this recipe in less than 10 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- roasted yams (leftover)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 5 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. chimichurri
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1-2 poached eggs
- Mash and form patties with the leftover yams.
- Toast patties in 1 tsp. olive oil in a small saute pan.
- Mix 5 grape tomatoes, quartered, and 1 Tbsp. Chimichurri to create salsa.
- Serve patty with 1-2 poached egg(s), ¼ avocado, sliced, and salsa.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: