This recipe is a cleaned up, healthy version of your typical Thanksgiving meal. Using only the healthiest, most nutrient dense components, this energy-packed recipe will eliminate the post meal nap by making healthy substitutes like swapping out your traditional marshmallow sweet potato casserole for yams baked with only two ingredients; olive oil and amino acids, using healthy oils instead of butter, and utilizing a green bean amandine that will delightfully surprise your tastebuds.
This is the first meal in our 2-Day Health Eating Meal Plan, an efficient, healthy menu that will show you how simple and easy it can be to cook delicious, beautiful recipes. With the meal plan, every single ingredient in this recipe is reused in subsequent meals, minimizing your shopping list and reducing time in the kitchen.
- Save your leftover yams for our Yam Pancake with Poached Egg, Avocado, & Salsa recipe.
- Repurpose your turkey breast, green beans, and chimichurri in our Green Bean & Tomato Salad with Chimichurri Vinaigrette & Roast Turkey recipe
- Try the chimichurri on cooked meats, raw and cooked vegetables, and more!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 half turkey breast (approx. 2 lbs. on bone if possible)
- olive oil
- liquid aminos
- 2 large yams
- 12-16 oz French green beans (“haricot verts”) substitute regular green beans if needed
- 2 Tbsp sliced raw almonds
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 t liquid aminos
- 1/2 C olive oil (extra virgin or regular)
- Heat oven to 425 F (400 on convection setting if your oven has one).
- Remove and pat turkey dry with paper towels on a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Coat the breast skin-side up with 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Roast until center reads 165 F on a meat thermometer or juices run clear and there is no pink in the middle when cut into.
- While the turkey roasts, peel and medium dice 2 large yams.
- Place yams on a sheet pan lined with parchment and toss in 1 tsp. liquid aminos and 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Roast at 425 F until tender throughout (400 on convection setting).
Green Bean Amandine:
- While your turkey and yams roast, bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath.
- Place green beans in boiling water. Once beans are cooked as desired, drop in ice bath to stop cooking. Let beans cool for a couple minutes then strain, dry, and set aside.
- Toast 2 Tbsp. almonds in 1 tsp. olive oil in a small sauté pan. Before serving, add green beans and warm.
- Mince 1 tsp. garlic, 1 bunch cilantro, and 1 bunch parsley
- Slice 1 bunch green onions and reserve the whites and greens separately.
- Place 1-2 Tbsp. of the green onion whites into the garlic and herb mince and mince more until fine.
- Place herbs, garlic, and onions in a small mixing bowl and add the zest and juice of 2 lemons, ½ C olive oil, and 1 tsp. liquid aminos
- Mix well.
- Plate slices of turkey, yams, and green bean amandine.
- Top with chimichurri as desired and Enjoy!
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: