A summer and spring fusion comes to life in this bright green healthy lunch soup that is perfect as the weather starts to warm up. Featuring asparagus, a spring vegetable that packs a lot of nutrients into not many calories, this soup will fuel your body and brain without weighing you down. We recommend topping with your favorite protein like salmon, chicken, or tofu to round out this dish. Learn more about Mountain Trek’s Nutrition Principles.
- 12 guests recently made this recipe alongside our chef and nutritionist during a virtual Basecamp Weekend Retreat and also in a recent Supper Club dinner.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 2 bunch asparagus (approx. 2 lbs.)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t white miso paste
- ¼ t kosher or sea salt
- 1 T Greek yogurt (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath.
- Chop asparagus into ½” to 1” pieces and blanch by placing into boiling water then shocking in ice bath.
- Once asparagus is cool, place in blender with 2 T olive oil, 1 t miso paste, and ¼ t salt. Add more cold water from ice bath and ice as needed to get puree moving and achieve desired soup consistency.
- Chill until ready to enjoy. Top with your favorite protein (we recommend salmon or tofu) and garnish with Greek yogurt if desired.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: