Beef and Black Bean Chili
This simple, healthy chili recipe will not only warm you up but will pack your body full of nutrients and minerals. Black beans are an excellent source of magnesium, an important mineral for many processes in the body, including regulating muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure, as well as making protein, bone, and DNA! Cumin and chili powder add a nice dose of flavor to this chili which comes together in minutes.
This recipe is the second lunch in our 2-day Healthy Meal Plan, a 48-hour nutrition plan developed by our chef and nutritionist to give you a metabolic reset. The plan covers the entire day, from waking to sleep, and teaches you how to treat food as fuel, eating nutrient-dense ingredients in the correct portion sizes at the optimal times. The result is reduced inflammation, increased energy, weight loss, improved gut health, and balanced hormones.
This recipe was originally cooked by a Basecamp Weekend Retreat group.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- Garlic (~1 clove)
- Chili powder
- 1-8oz tomato paste can
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 qt. beef stock
- Liquid aminos
- 1-15oz can black beans
- Small dice 2 carrots, 1 red onion, and ½ red bell pepper, and mince 1 tsp. garlic.
- Sauté carrots, red onion, red bell pepper, and garlic in 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Add 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. chili powder, and 8oz tomato paste and toast until fragrant, stirring often.
- Add 1 lb. ground beef and break apart in the pot if necessary.
- Add 1 quart beef stock and 1 tsp. liquid aminos and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes. While simmering, drain and rinse 15 oz. black beans.
- Add beans to finish.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: