This healthy soup is simple to make, delicious, and packed full of vibrant spring vegetables. It’s the perfect companion on a long brisk hike or when spring showers keep you indoors. Lentils are often overlooked, even though they are a fabulous way to get a wide range of nutrients. They are full of B vitamins, magnesium, zinc, and potassium, and are 25% protein, making them a wonderful plant-based protein option for any vegetable soup.
Have you ever eaten something so verdant?
- 12 guests recently made this recipe alongside our chef and nutritionist during a virtual Basecamp Weekend Retreat.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 T Avocado oil
- 1 Shallot
- 4 stalks Celery
- 1 C Green Lentils
- 6 C water
- 1 t Kosher Salt
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 2 C Baby Spinach, loosely packed
- 1 C English Peas, fresh*
- ½ bunch Parsley
- 2 T Greek Yogurt
*Can sub frozen peas if fresh is not available.
- Peel and small dice shallot and small dice celery. Sauté 1 shallot and 4 stalks celery in 1 T avocado oil until translucent.
- Add 1 C green lentils, water, and 1 t salt. Bring to a boil, turn to simmer, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Small dice zucchini, chiffonade baby spinach, and roughly chop parsley.
- When lentils are tender and cooked through, add zucchini, baby spinach, and parsley and cook uncovered for about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 T Greek Yogurt and stir until combined.
- Option: Soup can be enjoyed as is or half blended for a creamier texture.
- Garnish with more Greek yogurt if desired, and enjoy!
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: