These delicious Mexican ranch eggs can be accompanied by slices of avocado or a spoonful of guacamole and a dollop of rice for lasting energy. Serves 4.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 chipotle Tabasco sauce dash
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves – chopped finely
- 1/4 cup cooked pinto beans
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 dash of salt
- 4 oz diced canned tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp green chilies
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup onions
- 2 oz tinned tomato sauce
- Sauté half of the onions with the cooked beans, adding cumin, a dash of salt, and a dash of the chipotle sauce. When cooked through, mash and set aside, keeping warm.
- Sauté the remaining half of the onion in a small amount of water with the garlic, tomatoes and tomato sauce, chili powder, green chilies, and chipotle.
- Scramble or fry the eggs.
- Heat tortillas slightly (steaming or frying in a spritz of water).
- Place the tortilla on the plate and layer the bean mixture over the top. Next, layer the egg, and then place the sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Garnish with avocado slices and minced cilantro.
To download find more Mountain Trek recipes and to get the shopping list for this recipe, download our Health Guide in Your Pocket App now.