https://www.mountaintrek.com/wp-content/uploads/Black-Bean-Soup-Plated.jpg 2388 2387 admin https://www.mountaintrek.com/wp-content/uploads/horizontal-WHITEemail@example.com admin2016-11-01 16:18:372023-03-15 11:35:05Black Bean Soup Recipe
Black Bean Soup Recipe
A deep, dark standard, this black bean soup recipe provides plenty of flavor while offering a complete bean and rice protein source. Try it blended for a smoother texture. This recipe for Black Bean Soup serves 4.
- ¾ cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup yams, diced
- ½ cup red peppers, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon Braggs amino liquids or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice zest of 1 lime
- ¾ cup tomato sauce, canned
- 1 cup diced tomato, canned or fresh
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups black beans, cooked 1/2 cup cooked rice salt to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Optional: 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Saute diced vegetables until tender in oil.
- Add seasonings.
- Add tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, stock, and lime juice.
- Add cooked beans and rice.
- Simmer until flavors develop.
- Finish with cilantro garnish and optional dollop of sour cream.
To download find more Mountain Trek recipes and to get the shopping list for this recipe, download our Health Guide in Your Pocket App now.