This Grilled Chicken Dragon Salad features an amazing array of colors, textures, and flavors. It’s quick, easy, healthy, and makes a lovely lunch or dinner with chicken as the source of protein, and plenty of veggies to support digestion, elimination, and satiation.
Nutritional Powerhouse: Cabbage contains anthocyanins, which are naturally occurring antioxidants. Anthocyanins not only add color to your fruits (think blueberries) and vegetables, but may also reduce inflammation. Cabbage is also packed with plant sterols and insoluble fiber, which supports your digestive system healthy by keeping bowel movements regular. It also fuels the good bacteria in your gut that protects your immune system and produces essential nutrients. That’s especially true when you eat fermented cabbage in kimchi or sauerkraut.
Expect this recipe to take 35 minutes to make, without accounting for marinating the chicken.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1.5 lbs chicken thigh or breast
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce sauce
- 1 cup snap peas, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienne
- 1 cup green beans, blanched
- 1 cup english cucumber, diagonal cut
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1 cup assorted colored baby bell pepper, thin sliced
- 4 cup shredded red cabbage or spinach
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/2 tsp dijon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup lightly toasted slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
Instructions (35 min)
- Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Marinade chicken for 45 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken on a barbecue about 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked to 165 F. Cool and slice.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend thoroughly.
- Assemble all of the veggies in a bowl or on a plate, and top with chicken. Drizzle with dressing, and top with garnishes.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is an award-winning health retreat located in the lush forests of British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1991, our health reset program helps 16 guests at a time unplug, recharge, reconnect with nature, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. Our nutrition program uses local, organic ingredients and reduces inflammation and balances blood sugar levels and hormones. To learn more about Mountain Trek, and how we can help reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: