Seared Ribeye with Chimmichurri, Cauliflower Mash, & Grilled Vegetables
This Seared Ribeye with Cauliflower Mash and Vegetables is a simple yet impressive dish, especially with the always-crowd-pleasing chimichurri sauce. Ribeye animal protein provides long lasting energy and satiety, as well as iron and other essential nutrients. The cauliflower mash is a lighter alternative to potato, and is high in antioxidants and phytonutrients (which benefit in fighter cancer), making it an excellent replacement, especially since you will likely not notice a difference. A healthy dose of grilled carrots, broccolini, asparagus, and peppers rounds out this dish, making it a complete meal sure to satisfy both body and brain.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1.5 lb ribeye steak
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp worcestershire
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced or finely chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped oregano
- ½ tsp red chili flakes. You can adjust your use of chili flakes based on your preference.
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 mini peppers, halved
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- ½ bunch asparagus, tips trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, tips trimmed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Make chimichurri by combining all chimichurri ingredients in a bowl. Let flavors blend for at least 1 hour.
- Take steaks out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking and rub with salt, pepper, and worcestershire.
- Make Cauliflower mash.
- Place cauliflower and salt in a large pot and cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender/soft.
- Drain very well, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender add cauliflower, salt, and olive oil, and puree until smooth. Use a plunger if using a blender to avoid adding excess liquid which will make your mash runny.
- Transfer to a baking dish and re-heat (covered) to serve.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
- After 30 minutes of steaks sitting at room temperature, turn a cast iron or oven safe pan to medium-high heat with oil. Let heat up and then add steaks to the pan. Sear for 4 minutes each side, and then place pan in the oven and let steaks finish 4-6 minutes or until thermometer reads 135F (medium rare), 145F (medium).
- Grill vegetables while the steak is in the oven.
- Turn the grill to medium heat.
- Toss all the vegetables with the oil and salt/pepper
- Place on the grill when warmed. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Plate a large spoonful of cauliflower mash, vegetables, and layer with slices of ribeye. Top with chimichurri and enjoy
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: