This Orange & Fennel Salad with Endive & Apple Cider Hemp Seed Vinaigrette just screams elegance. Fortunately, it backs that elegance up with nutrients and flavor!
Notes about this meal:
- 12 guests recently made this recipe alongside our chef and nutritionist in a virtual Basecamp Weekend Retreat.
- It is the first lunch in our 48-Hour Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan. If following this plan, use 1 serving of leftover Chilean Sea Bass for your protein.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
Apple Cider Hemp Seed Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- ½ C raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 C avocado oil
- ½ C water
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ t allspice
- 1-2 oranges, any variety, peeled and sliced into rounds
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced thin, reserve fronds for garnish
- 4 Belgian endives (outer leaves only)
- Protein of choice
- Prepare Dressing— Combine 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds,½ C apple cider vinegar, 1 C avocado oil, ½ C water, and ¼ tsp. salt in a blender and blend until combined smooth. Note: dressing will store for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Salad Vegetables— Peel and slice 1-2 oranges into rounds. Thinly slice ½ fennel bulb, reserving fronds for garnish. Pull apart endives leaves. Store hearts
- Serve—Plate oranges, fennel, endive leaves, and protein of choice. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. dressing and garnish with fennel fronds and more hemp seeds if desired.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: