Fitness vacations aren’t just for people needing to lose weight any more. Mountain Trek hosts people from around the world, of all ages and fitness levels.
As the “Wellness Tourism” industry evolves to meet the needs of our stressed society, people are drawn to Health Retreats for a variety of reasons, with the most obvious being for those wanting to lose pounds, detox, break old habits and learn healthy new ones.
But the appeal of fitness vacations like Mountain Trek is a growing trend among athletes and health conscious people as well, that aren’t necessarily “fat”. In fact, there are a rising percentage of guests that choose us because our Program matches where they’re already at in their health, lifestyle and attitude.
You may wonder how athletic people would benefit from attending a fitness retreat when they’re already fit and don’t need to shed pounds. Some of the reasons these types of guests choose healthy getaways such as Mountain Trek include:
- getting out of the office and back in touch with nature to breathe clean air
- hiking in pristine nature through new terrain with other outdoor enthusiasts
- training for an upcoming marathon, which their life back home didn’t allow time for
- breaking out of their workout routine and getting re-inspired
- detoxing from coffee, alcohol, and other habits that can creep up on us all
- taking a much needed break from technology overload and career demands
- enjoying regular bodywork, treatments and consultations from skilled practitioners all in one location
- rewarding themselves after an achievement such as getting their degree
- renewing and deepening their commitment to their health
- enjoying an adventurous getaway with friends or a loved ones
- indulging in down time by going solo, and feeling safe going alone in the supportive environment
- meeting new like-minded people from around the world
- tuning up before a wedding or other important life event
We see it all here at Mountain Trek, and see people of all fitness levels have a blast pushing themselves beyond the limits of their comfort zones. No matter what condition they arrived in, we consistently see guests go home feeling energized and 10 years younger, proud of their accomplishments and with a renewed commitment to their health.