Simple, elegant, and savory, this meal is easy to prepare and offers a full plate of nutrients. The charred scallion dressing created by Chef Jillian might just be the star of this show, as its complex flavors bring the bed of arugula to life. Arugula is high in fiber, phytochemicals, and several vital nutrients such as calcium, potassium, folate, and Vitamins C, K, and A.
Cod rounds out the picture by adding lean protein, B vitamins, and minerals. B vitamins help enzymes in our bodies do their jobs and are important for a wide range of cellular functions, like breaking down carbohydrates and transporting nutrients throughout the body.
- 12 guests recently made this recipe alongside our chef and nutritionist during a virtual Basecamp Weekend Retreat.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 bunch Scallions
- 1-2 Lemons
- 1/4 t Kosher Salt
- Avocado Oil (1 t + 1 C used)
- 2—4-6 oz Wild Cod Fillets*
- 2 C Arugula, loosely packed
*Vegan Option: Navy Bean & mushroom sauté with arugula & charred scallion vinaigrette. Sub 1—15.5 can navy bean or other white bean and 6oz white mushrooms or other favorite mushroom.
Other Protein Suggestions: chicken, salmon, or firm to extra-firm tofu.
- Char Scallions—Trim ends of scallions, and place on a foil-lined sheet pan under broiler. Once charred, flip to char on other side and remove. Place charred scallions into a blender.
- Prepare Dressing—Adding 1-2 lemons, zested and juiced, 1 C avocado oil and ¼ t salt and blend until very smooth.
- Cook Fish—Heat a pan with 1 t avocado oil until very hot, but not smoking and sear fish on both sides until desired temperature or cooked through (145 F / 63 C).
- Plate—Dress arugula with 2 t vinaigrette and serve alongside cooked fish.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: