This chicken dish would normally work well with potatoes but here we’ve reduced the starch by including tasty artichokes instead. There’s no doubt it’s an earthy meal so we suggest pairing it with a Greek salad to lighten things up and give color. Serves 4 Chicken Breasts – 16-20 ounces free-run chicken
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil and olive oil mixed
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 ¼ tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 skewers (metal or bamboo)
- 4 small whole Portobello Mushrooms oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, cut in three pieces
- 1 cup red onions, chopped in thin crescents
- 1 lemon, in 4 wedges
- Cut chicken in approximately 1 ¼” pieces –not too small as they will dry out on barbecue.
- Prepare marinade by blending the ingredients well and pouring over the cut chicken.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, if you are using them, soak the bamboo skewers in water during this time.
- Skewer marinated portioned chicken and set aside.
- Prepare mushrooms by lightly spraying with oil and baking on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, grill the chicken on a barbecue (or these may be baked in the oven with the mushrooms).
- Put the finished chicken in the oven with the mushrooms and turn the oven off.
- Quickly sauté artichokes and onions and cover with lid to steam until soft
- Place artichoke mixture on plate – lay the portobello next to it. Lay chicken skewer across the artichokes with a wedge of lemon.
To download more Mountain Trek recipes and to get the shopping list for this recipe, download our Health Guide in Your Pocket App now.