Time to Spring Clean Your Body
Clearing out the clutter is common this time of the year, and what better time than to clean out your body too! If you can’t shed those stubborn winter pounds, then a detoxification cleanse is probably needed to restore your body back into balance. Why detox? Because an overload of toxins in your body will prevent you from losing weight, no matter how hard you work out.
Our bodies are working non-stop to keep our sensitive organs safe from the harmful effects of toxins. But our modern world is also a toxic one, filled with pollution, pesticides, estrogen-mimicking plastic compounds and food additives – all of which contribute to an epidemic of disease and obesity.
A Body that Holds onto Toxins Holds on to Fat
Detoxification is any process that removes injurious substances from your body. These substances can be biological, such as bacteria, viruses, mold, yeast and parasites, or harmful industrial chemicals like heavy metals, compounds from agriculture, food processing, cosmetics, cleaners and paints. In the past, most of our toxins were biological. Nowadays, we have to remove chemical compounds and heavy metals for our bodies. Processed foods alone contain more than 3,000 chemicals that are not natural!
Our main detox organs are the lungs, intestines, liver, kidneys, lymphatic system and skin. BUT, if we can’t detoxify fast enough, our fat cells will enlarge so the body can store the excess toxins and keep them safely away from sensitive tissue. When the toxins are more concentrated, our fat cells will also increase in size to keep them diluted.
Here are some tips to support your body in the Detoxification Process:
- Detox Cleanse Kits – With guidance from a Health or Nutritional professional, consider a Liver Cleanse, Fast, Parasite / Colon / or a Yeast Cleanse.
- Diet – Go Organic! Eat pesticide-free produce, and less processed food. Including “super” greens such as Chlorella and Cilantro into your diet for the natural chelation process of the bonding of chemicals for elimination.
- Water – Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day to support your kidney’s removal of water-soluble toxins. Your urine should be “almost clear” throughout your day.
- Fiber – Eat fiber-rich foods to aid your intestines in moving toxins out of the body. Aim for 2 to 3 bowel movements per day. Constipation leads to toxin re-absorption.
- Sweat – Utilize intense exercise, saunas and steams to aid the release of stored toxins. Try having a deeper sweat to cleanse once a week. Drink extra water to support the flush.
- Massage – Bodywork and Yoga support the drainage of toxins through the lymphatic system (which clears the body of cellular waste). Try to incorporate one or both on a weekly basis.
Not only will supporting your body’s detox functions protect your sensitive organs and tissue, and avoid the enlargement of fat cells and storage of chemical encased fatty acids, but it will make you FEEL lighter and clean.