Eating seasonally ensures you get the freshest ingredients possible. This White Winter Vegetable Soup uses winter vegetables and is sure to not just warm you, but fuel you as well. Leeks are packed full of vitamins, like A, C, and K, and minerals, such as iron and manganese. Our bodies use iron to make hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body, and myoglobin, a protein that provides oxygen to muscles. Manganese helps brain and nerve function. Leeks are also a good source of dietary fiber. This recipe is great as both a lunch or a light dinner, this recipe can be easily scaled if you want to make a large batch for family or save leftovers for future meals.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 head Garlic
- Avocado oil (¼ tsp. + ¼ tsp. + 1 tsp. used in recipe)
- ½ head Cauliflower
- 2 Parsnips
- 4 stalks Celery
- 2 Leeks
- ½ Shallot
- 1 bunch Green onion
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 quart water
- 15.5 oz Cannellini beans
- ¼ C Greek Yogurt
- Roast Garlic—Cut top of garlic head off to reveal cloves, drizzle with ¼ tsp. oil, wrap in foil and place in 425 F oven.
- Roast Cauliflower— Roughly chop ½ head cauliflower. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and toss with 1 tsp. avocado oil and ¼ tsp. salt then place in a 425 F oven.
- Prep Vegetables—Small dice 2 parsnips, 4 stalks celery, and ½ shallot. Thinly slice 2 leeks. Thinly slice 1 bunch green onion, reserving greens for garnish.
- Sauté Vegetable—Sauté vegetables in 1 tsp. avocado oil over medium heat. Once translucent, add 1 tsp. salt and 1 quart water and bring to simmer.
- Add Beans—Drain and rinse 15.5 oz Cannellini beans. When parsnips are tender, add beans, and keep on low heat.
- Add Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower—Remove garlic after 40 minutes of roasting and open foil packet to cool. When cool to touch, squeeze garlic cloves out of skin and add to soup. Remove cauliflower from the oven when tender and slightly browned and add to soup.
- Puree roughly half of soup in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Whisk in ¼ C Greek yogurt, garnish with green onion greens and enjoy
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: