Who Comes to Mountain Trek?
Fitness Vacations aren’t just for people wanting to lose weight anymore. At Mountain Trek, we host people from all parts of the globe, ages and fitness levels, and occupation. In fact, one of the most fulfilling components of the job is meeting such a variety of amazing people wanting to make healthy changes in their lives, and welcoming back Alumni year after year as an investment in their health.
There isn’t any one category to describe people who choose a boot camp style fitness retreat as a break, but there are plenty that do. The Fitness Vacation trend is now the popular choice for anyone needing a healthy break from their un-healthy routine! It appeals to a variety of folks who are adventure seekers, hiking enthusiasts, stressed out business people, and those needing a “boot camp” type of program to shed pounds quickly and safely.
Variety on the Trails
Mountain Trek hosts:
- guests who have beaten cancer and are needing to regain their strength;
- mothers and daughters, brothers and sisters, and spouses celebrating their 20th anniversary;
- young couples from the city eager to hike the pristine mountains of British Columbia and breathe clean air and drink pure water;
- hiking enthusiasts from Europe looking for a change of terrain and less crowds;
- parents needing a break;
- people wanting to learn about nutrition, healthy eating, and a balanced lifestyle;
- organ transplant recipients;
- the occasional Hollywood executive;
- stressed career professionals needing to recharge their batteries, get back in touch with nature, and shed 6-10 pounds;
- people in their 60’s who are young at heart and invest in staying in shape and keeping strong;
- everyone in between who needs to detoxify from environmental pollutants, chemical and pesticide-laden foods, and a diet filled with food sensitivities and insulin imbalances;
- and those who are motivated to lose weight and kick-start healthy lifestyle habits.
With the adventurous hiking terrain in spectacular surroundings, people have a blast pushing themselves beyond the limits of their comfort zones. Our guests go home feeling energized and 10 years younger, proud of their accomplishments and with a renewed commitment to their health!