Chia Za’atar Crusted Miso Salmon with Sautéed Spring Vegetables
An exotic flavor profile meets healthy and nutritious in this full meal dish created by Chef Jillian. Salmon, a healthy protein rich in omega-3’s and vitamin B, is topped with white miso paste, chia seeds, and za-atar, a dynamic spice blend originating from the Middle East that boasts an incredible range of flavors, textures, and fragrances. Paired with a sautéed medley of rutabaga, radish, green onion, and snap peas—some of our favorite spring vegetables—the nutritional profile of this dish is wonderfully varied, an excellent way to include a wide array of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients into your diet. Learn more about Mountain Trek’s Nutrition Principles.
- 12 guests will made this recipe alongside our chef and nutritionist during a virtual Supper Club.
- If you wish to make this meal plant-based, substitute tofu for salmon. Follow all other instructions as written.
- View more of Chef Jillian’s recipes.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- ½ t chia seeds
- ½ t + ¼ t za’atar
- 1 t white miso paste
- 1 t + 1 t + 3 T olive oil
- 2 medium rutabaga*
- 3-5 radish
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 C snap peas
- 2 boneless skinless wild salmon filet**
- 1 lemon
- 2 C baby greens, loosely packed
*Can sub sweet potato, turnip, or another root vegetable.
**Can sub chicken, tofu, or other desired fish
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Combine ½ t chia seeds, ½ t za’atar, 1 t miso paste, and 1 t olive oil and reserve.
- Small dice rutabaga, heat a sauté pan with 1 t olive oil over medium heat and sauté rutabaga until tender.
- Quarter radish lengthwise and add to rutabaga sauté.
- Thinly slice green onions, add whites to rutabaga and reserve greens for garnish.
- Slice snap peas into ½” pieces and add to sauté until all vegetables are tender.
- Spread miso chia mixture over salmon and bake in oven until a meat thermometer registers 145 or the salmon is light pink throughout.
- Combine zest from 1 lemon and ½ the lemon’s juice, 3 T olive oil, and ¼ t za’atar in small bowl to make a vinaigrette.
- To serve, warm sauté as necessary, dress greens with vinaigrette and serve with salmon.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: