These Coconut Apricot Bliss Balls are healthy, nutrient-dense, and a great alternative to store-bought energy bars. There are no hidden sugars or preservatives and perfect to carry in your pack, or in the cupboard for when you need clean, energy-rich fuel for your body and brain. You can also double the recipe, as these freeze and thaw beautifully, and are easily prepared over the weekend to last you the entire week ahead.
Nutritional Powerhouse: Coconut contains large amounts of medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs), a type of saturated fat that’s very easy for the human body to digest. The MCFAs found in coconut meat also contain antimicrobial properties, helping support the good bacteria in the gut microbiome.
- 1 ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup hemp seed butter
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Zest of 1 orange, plus juice reserved to moisten mixture
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place the nuts and apricots in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add butters and remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is combined.
- Form into 1 fl.oz. balls with a small scoop.
- Place in an airtight container lined with parchment paper and refrigerate or freeze.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is an award-winning health retreat located in the lush forests of British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1991, our health reset program helps 16 guests at a time unplug, recharge, reconnect with nature, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. Our nutrition program uses local, organic ingredients and reduces inflammation and balances blood sugar levels and hormones. To learn more about Mountain Trek, and how we can help reset your health, please email us at email@example.com or reach out below: