These black-bean grain- and flour-free brownies will curb any dessert craving, and couldn’t be any easier to make. You will never believe these brownies are made with black beans, and neither will the kids! Our nutritionist Jenn brings these to parties and they are always a hit. With the 90-95% dark chocolate and raw honey, these brownies take use sugar in an intelligent way, maximizing sweetness but maintaining a low sugar profile.
- 1/2 c soft-cooked black beans, drained well
- 1/3 c virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c 90-95% dark chocolate, chopped up into 1/4 inch pcs.
- 1/8 tsp. pink salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 c walnuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 – 1 c raw honey (depends how sweet you want them)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8×8 glass dish liberally with coconut oil.
- Place all but the final 3 ingredients (eggs, chopped up chocolate, and walnuts) into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool – the texture actually changes as they cool off, getting more “fudgy.”
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is the health reset you’ve been looking for. Our award-winning health retreat, immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia, will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: