These crunchy, munchy crackers are simple, easy to make, healthy, and contain a lot of protein. We love to serve our Seedy Trail Crackers with any of our dips, or they would be great paired with a soup. Keep them fresh in an airtight container and then toast a little before serving to bring up the crunch and toasty, nutty flavor. Makes about 10 crackers
Ingredients (makes 10 crackers)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the seeds in a bowl and add the water, garlic, and salt.
- Stir and then let sit for a few minutes while the water is absorbed.
- Apply the mixture to the parchment with a spatula to a depth of just under ¼ inch forming a square or rectangle.
- Lightly score the mixture with a knife into cracker-sized pieces and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from oven and deepen the score to separate the crackers.
- Carefully flip over and bake for another 20 – 25 minutes until they are just looking golden on the edges.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.
What is Mountain Trek?
Mountain Trek is an award-winning health retreat immersed in the lush nature of British Columbia. Our one or two-week program—featuring daily hiking, yoga, exercise classes, time in our state-of-the-art spa, and of course, delicious, healthy cuisine—will help you detox, unplug, recharge, and roll back years of stress and unhealthy habits. To learn more about the retreat, and how we can help you reset your health, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out below: